"What a clear, vivid and powerful experience you guided me through. You are a true magician."
Hi, I’m Désirée. I’m a hypnotist and hypnosis instructor working remotely with international clients, as well as hosting workshops and events in the Bay Area and NYC. I practice and teach intuitive hypnosis in a future-focused framework that is grounded in the latest research in neuroscience.
I'm also the creator of the Weekly Microdose of Hypnosis, a weekly membership that delivers powerful hypnotic audio tracks under 13 minutes long, because I believe hypnosis is an essential life skill belongs in the everyday lives of humans.
My hypnotic origin story:
My interest in the metaphysical began as soon as my young mind was conscious of these concepts. Starting as young as five years old, I was drawn to anything mysterious, magical, or paranormal. Ghosts, UFOs, and ancient civilizations captured my interest.
Seeking answers to my own chronic pain, much of my middle and high school years were spent in bookstores (before things were Google-able), reading about crystal healing, palmistry, tarot, past lives, and the phases of the moon. Metaphysical practices and knowledge became an integral part of my life, and as time wore on, I was compelled to share with others the healing modalities I'd spent a lifetime learning about.
As an already heavy meditator who minored in Buddhist studies at The New School, I first tried hypnosis during an extremely stressful time in my life. Meditation was what had kept me afloat during that difficult phase, but after my first hypnosis session, I was struck by the similarity of the hypnotic state to the meditative one, and knew I could use it as a tool to go even deeper for targeted, life-altering results—and fast!
I now channel my empathic qualities and background in energy work into my hypnosis practice to help facilitate real change and healing for my clients. I am a Certified Consulting Hypnotist (CH) in good standing with the National Guild of Hypnotists and the ICBCH, and now am qualified to train and certify hypnotists with my proprietary curriculum in evidence-based hypnosis. I am continually pursuing advanced studies in this field and related ones to maintain my credentials and to satiate my own desire for knowledge.
BOOK A CONSULTATION
Two decades of working professionally as a tailor for theatre, fashion, and celebrities has laid the foundation for my ability of working one-on-one with clients to achieve their desired outcomes. This client-centered, results-driven work ethic carries over seamlessly to my work as a hypnotist. Drawing on my love of forming partnerships with clients, I create a bespoke hypnotic experience, custom-tailored to their desires, with client success being my sole objective.
Everything I've done has made me great at what I do.
- 2023: Psychedelic Fundamentals training from MAPS [Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies]
- 2023: Trained in Hypno-psychedelics with Melissa Tiers.
- 2021: Became a Certified Hypnosis Instructor with the ICBCH; created a proprietary 100-hour curriculum in evidence-based hypnosis.
- 2020: Fundamentals of Neuroscience, Harvard Online
2019: Studied Neo-Ericksonian Hypnosis with Mike Mandel, including his brilliant Mindscaping process which I use with all new clients.
2018: Trained in Past-Life Regression Therapy and was certified by Dr. Brian Weiss himself at Omega Institute, New York
2018: Became a Certified DreamGuide™ with Lisa Halpin, DCH
2017: Advanced trainings in the Akashic Records with Christina Cross in Brooklyn, New York; began doing readings in conjunction with hypnosis sessions for clients
2017: Became a Certified Consulting Hypnotist with the NGH, trained by Carol Denicker at New York Hypnosis Training Center; began offering sessions to my tailoring clients and building my side hustle
- 2015: Tried hypnosis for the first time; got hooked; read a lot of books about it.
2014: Studied Animal Reiki with Sheryl Schlameuss Berger
2013: Became a certified Raw Food Lifestyle Practitioner from Ann Wigmore Natural Health Institute, Puerto Rico; Got high on wheatgrass for 2 weeks in PR... drank it, snorted it, chewed it, did enemas with it... Raw vegan food is still one of my passions and a large part of my life.
- 2012: Studied fine jewelry-making with the legend Alan Revere in San Francisco. Won a partial scholarship to the program by submitting a piece of my work.
2011-12: Usui Reiki Attunements, I did reiki training numerous times at different places in an effort to "get it" and make sure I "got it"... Now I'm pretty sure intention is everything.
- 2006-07: Studied fine jewelry-making in Florence, Italy.Arrived with a paper map :) Also DJ'd 80s nights every Monday at Blob Club while there.
- 2002-2020: Worked as a professional tailor in theatrical costume design, wardrobe supervision, celebrity and event tailoring, on-set tailoring for fashion and ecommerce photoshoots with agency representation. Clients include: Michael Stipe, Whitney Cummings, Janelle Monae, J. Crew, Rihanna, Sebastian Stan, Carly Rae Jepsen, Ansel Elgort, Alessia Cara, LOFT, etc.
- 1999-2002: Studied Fashion Design at FIT and Parsons in NYC, gaining an additional certificate in Millinery (hat-making) studied Japanese and Itialian simultaneously; minored in Chinese and Japanese literature/Buddhist studies at The New School